Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Puke Happens

Puke - noun
origin unknown
When  a child vomits there is no warning. They are not like your household cat, who sits hidden somewhere in the house retching over and over again, as you frantically race around the house trying to find him in hopes you might be able to move him to the linoleum before he spews his nastiness all over. No a child will be all smiles happily skipping and frolicking then stop and blah (insert my best puking sound here) my poor son has now had his first puking experience, I feel its a right of passage almost, I mean nothing screams toddler like a little vomiting in public. Public humiliation is good for you right? builds character? ok maybe not so much. Poor guy I think it scared the crap out of him to be quite honest, he just looked up at me after the first round of projectiles like um' mom? WTH? then came some more and it shot out the nose and he was truly scared wondering "what the hell is happening to me!" Now I am just going to throw out some helpful advice to any new moms out there, when your child starts puking in a store, it is probably a good indication that it is time to go home. I saw a women not long ago who's child was puking all over the place and she kept shopping! I'm not one to judge, but, having now experienced it myself, I don't think aunt Bertha's birthday card or dryer sheets are THAT important! just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment