Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Big 3-OH!



Ah thirty. We finally meet. We have been dancing around each other for years now. The twenties were awesome! lots of great things happened. I got married, bought a house and had a baby. Three big items I can check off the ol' bucket list.

For my birthday this year I told my husband I wanted to hang in Seattle with our family. Go to the Aquarium, have lunch ya know, a fun family day. I love hanging out in Seattle, especially down by the waterfront. It's just a great place with great atmosphere. So Saturday morning we were up early and headed downtown. Koen was so damn cute at the aquarium, he ran all over the place. He touched a starfish and was mesmerized by the octopus and sea lions. They have a big dome room there completely surrounded by water. Filled with all kinds of big and interesting fish. Koen really enjoyed being able to touch the fish tank and wave to all the sea life.






But the fun did not end there....Oh no! after the Aquarium, lunch at the crab pot and a stop at the homemade ice cream stand, there was still more.!

SURPRISE!!!! a surprise birthday party just for me?!!! I couldn't believe it! My husband really got me good! All of our friends and family came. The biggest surprise of all was seeing my mom and dad! it brought tears to my eyes! I had been really missing them and it meant the world to me to see their smiling faces. I am not sure when I have felt more loved than I did when I saw everyone at that table. I was so over joyed with love and happiness I could have pooped a rainbow!. I can't thank everyone enough for helping ring in my 30th. My husband will never know how much that really meant to me. Thank you Lucas from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

  1. I regret not being able to find someone to cover my shift. I should have been able to call in one of many favors due to me, but, I am so happy things were so awesome for your dirty thirty!! Sounds like the day was out of the story books. You deserve it Jamie. Your an amazing women and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were there in spirit :) it would have been so wonderful to have seen you but I completely understand. We will just have to get together soon. I love you Heather!

    ReplyDelete